IT Technician for Watts and Associates – Billings, MT
Watts and Associates is a growing organization with need for an additional IT Technician/Systems Administrator to assist with day to day IT support, replacing End-of-Life systems and planning, deploying and documenting new technologies. We are looking for a motivated and organized self-starter with a passion for IT and learning.
Provides first-level IT support to end-users for laptops, servers, network equipment, telephone systems, printers, email, file sharing, collaboration tools and local business applications. Co-ordinates and/or performs hands-on fixes to end-user devices including installing and upgrading hardware and software and configuring systems and applications. Issues and projects are “owned” by the individual with an ability to see the project through to completion. Assist with network, server and other IT resource upgrades and deployments. Resolves all incidents, problems and changes in line with service level expectations ensuring all end-users and stake-holders affected are kept up-to-date on status where necessary. Ensures site backups are completed, reviewed, documented and tested in line with IT policies. Manages and maintains site IT infrastructure documentation in line with IT practices. Maintains site IT infrastructure in line with maintenance procedures and contractual obligations. Keeps up-to-date with IT technologies that can provide competitive advantages through appropriate learning and development. Participates in the out-of-hours support rotation. Keeps good notes, is organized and eager to learn new systems and technologies.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
5 years of relevant experience or a bachelor’s degree in an IT related field. Technical knowledge and understanding of:
· Major technology areas, platforms, development processes and system lifecycles
· Good communication skills and an ability to provide technical support locally and remotely
· Interacts effectively, courteously and directly with the user to resolve technical issues, and responds to queries and service requests that originate by telephone, e-mail, or other methods.
· Knowledgeable of IT operations, platforms, functions, and terminology.
· Demonstrated mastery of desktop systems and/or various software applications and concepts.
· Possesses a solid understanding of IT hardware
· Ability to read, write and implement standard operating procedures and technical documentation
· Highly organized and capable of working independently
· End User support (On-site / Telecommute / Roaming)
· Network (LAN / WAN / VLANs / Routing)
· Firm understanding of OSI Model
· Backup and Disaster Recovery
· Server Administration (SQL / IIS / DNS / Active Directory / Scripting )
· Microsoft Operating Systems and Software (Windows 7/Server 2008/2012)
· Virtualization knowledge (Hyper-V / SANs)
· Voice Telephony (Cisco)
· Video Conferencing (Voice / Video / Screen sharing / Conference room technologies)
To apply please send cover letter and resume to